Hours Of Operation
“We look forward to being of service to you!” – Angela, Office Manager
Regular Service Hours – By Appointment
8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Thursday
8:00AM to 2:00PM Friday
Service Department Closed on Weekends, National Holidays, Christmas and Easter.
After Hours services are available
Office Hours (for scheduling)
Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Office Closed Saturday – Sunday, National Holidays, Christmas and Easter.
Diagnostic Fee Policy
A Diagnostic and Trip Fee of $99.00 is our minimum charge for travel to your location (within our normal service area) and up to a half hour of Diagnostic Service. If your system has a complex problem that requires further inspection, additional fees may apply.
After Hours Basic Diagnostic and Trip Fee is $149.00, based on technician availability and service location. Holiday, extended service location, or severe weather conditions may have an additional trip fee.
After Hours Service
After Hours Emergency Procedures:
Send us an email through the website, or leave a message on the company voice mail at 303-558-4504. The on-call technician will be alerted to assist you within 24 hours. This may include assistance over the phone to troubleshoot the problem, then a service call if needed. The after-hours diagnostic fee is $149.00.
If you have a serious emergency that involves a possible gas leak, see below:
GAS LEAK: If you suspect a gas leak, get to a safe location and call XCEL ENERGY at 800-895-2999 or call 911. See additional emergency information below.
If a gas leak is found, Xcel may need to temporarily shut off your gas supply until repairs can be made. Call us at 303-558-4504 to schedule repair service once the emergency is resolved.
Gas Outages and Leaks
Know what to do in case of a gas leak or outage:
Natural gas is reliable and safe when used properly and equipment is properly maintained and inspected by a qualified contractor.
Learn to recognize a natural gas leak
If you suspect a leak, immediately call Xcel Energy at 800-895-2999 or 911 in an emergency.
Use your senses to recognize a potentially dangerous natural gas leak:
- Smell: Natural gas is odorless except for the harmless odorant we add to help you detect a leak. The added odorant, called mercaptan, has a sulfur-like smell, similar to a rotten-egg.
- Hear: A leak may produce a noise that ranges from next to nothing to a slight hissing or blowing sound to a loud roar – depending on the leak’s size and pressure.
- See: A leak may cause dust, dirt or debris to fly, or create blowing or continuous bubbling movement in water. It also can cause a spot of dead or discolored vegetation in an otherwise green area.
Know how to respond to a natural gas leak
When an odor is persistent or seems to be everywhere, or it seems to linger longer than normal for your appliance’s operation, these could be signs of a gas leak inside your home or with an outside line.
Upon detecting such an odor, immediately get everyone out of your home or building, move a safe distance away and then call for help. Because an electric spark can ignite an explosion, remember to follow these tips:
- Do not turn on or turn off electrical switches.
- Avoid using electric appliances such as garage door openers or telephones of any type.
- Do not start up or shut down motor vehicles or any other electrical equipment.
- Do not strike a match. Avoid open flames or other ignition sources.
- Move to a location a safe distance away from your home when the odor is outdoors.
- Call Xcel Energy at 800-895-2999 or 911 in an emergency.
- Stay away until Xcel Energy or the emergency responders have told you it’s safe to return.